ADMIN: Mailing List use

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:12:05 -0500
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
All-
   Not surprisingly, we are becoming high email volume, and I have
been asked by several people if there's a way to set up multiple
lists or otherwise help.  I don't have a good high-tech solution, but
I have a low-tech one I'd like very much to suggest.  Whenever your
mail to webont-wg is part of a specific project (i.e. use case,
redesign, etc.) lets have some all uppercase word at the start of
your subject, with a colon (":") at the end - as this mail has ADMIN:
  This will let people rapidly track a particular area, or to use
filter programs to create subfolders.  We can even nest these if
needed (i.e. ADMIN: AGENDA:), but for now let's start simple
  I suggest following tags be used for now
   ADMIN: agendae, logistics, f2f etc
   COLMGT: collection management use case
   INTEROP: interoperability use case
   SERVICES: web services use case
   WOLREQS: the requirements sub group
   UPDATE: the updating DAML+OIL group
feel free to invent your own as things evolve --
  this may not prove workable, but might help.  Let's try it
  Jim H
p.s. If anyone had better ideas, let us know - just keep this ADMIN:
tag for now...

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler