RE: proposal for working on the ontology language

At 4:57 PM +0000 12/11/01, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>Peter:
>>
>>  1/ Semantics
>>
>>  2/ Syntax
>>
>>  3/ Datatypes
>>
>>  Who else is interested in doing significant work on this?
>>

>I am involved in the RDF Core WG on both syntax and datatypes and I am happy
>to contribute in these areas in WOW-G.
>
>On syntax I note that Jim suggested actively using N3. If we wish to do
>this, we may wish to standardize N3 at the same time, since the current
>specs are rather loose working documents from TBL and DanC. This could be
>done similarly to how RDF Core have created n-triple.

Let me be clear, I was suggesting using N3 for messages between us
and as a readable alternative for examples and things.  I am strictly
neutral on whether it should be used in documents or not, same for
n-triple as well.

--
Prof. James Hendler			Director, Semantic Web and
Agent Technology