Re: DAML+OIL, RDF, XML & WebOnt

From: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 10:41:14 +0100
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> [...]
> A DAML ontology written in N3 or N-triple is still a DAML ontology.
>
> This is in contrast with other RDF dialects such as RSS [7] or CC/PP [8]
> where many implementations assume a rigid XML document format, with no
> variation from the examples in the specs.

Jeremy,

While not wanting to take away from Peter's list of caveat's (which are all justified), your conclusion is correct: DAML+OIL does not make any assumption about which particular serialisation of RDF is used (in XML or otherwise, or in one XML form or the other).

Also, I share your conclusion that this is how our new language should be.

Frank.
   ----