Re: Use case categories - 1st cut (action due by Thurs)

i dont know that i have the "answer" but i have a few thoughts.

 - i agree with jeff that contradiction/inconsistencies is a requirement for
interoperability   however it is really a requirement of any application that
wants to do any kind of verification and/or inference.  this would include
services applications.
i think contradiction detection is more like search in that it is a technical
issue that would be needed across most applications.

- it feels to me like the first 2 categories jim (and later jeff) suggested
are different from the next 1 or two categories.  It seems to me that
basically any web application will need to address issues of content
interoperability  thus topic 3 is also an area that will be addressed across
all applications.  I would claim that content interoperability is more a
"technical issue" as i interpret jim's use of the phrase rather than an
application category.

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness
 Knowledge Systems Laboratory