Re: somewhat off topic: managing Win32 limits in WebDAV

Mark Phillips wrote:
>   I would be most grateful for information and/or links to articles that
> describe how others have dealt with the 260 character path limit in
> Windows. The product manager I work with feels we must support Windows
> as a backend for the DAV enable product we are developing. Testing with
> a few clients has exposed the Win32 limitation in a rather stark way.
>
> Thank you, in advance.
>
> Mark Phillips

Hi Mark,

it seems to be you selected a non-optimal list for this question :-) --
w3c-dist-auth@w3.org (the generic WebDAV mailing list) seems to be a
better choice.

That being said -- are you referring to a limit on the client or on the
server?

In general, Windows can deal with longer paths, you just need to use the
correct API for that. If course, many Windows *applications*, such as
Explorer, don't.

BR, Julian