Re: getting WebDAV SEARCH ready for the IESG

Hi John,

thanks for the comments.

The server I worked on a long time ago never truncated results, so I
don't have any preference.

However, it seems to me that the text in 2.3.1 was phrased this way on
purpose -- there may be cases where it's not possible to first sort,
then truncate. For instance, when searching can be delegated to an
underlying SQL store, but ordering can not, how would you implement
that? Thus, I'm hesitant doing any change over here.

If you feel strongly about that, we *could* add a statement into the
"future extensions" appendix.

And yes, the inconsistency with 5.17.1 is a bit awkward, but I'm really
not sure we can change this at this point of time.

BR, Julian