Re: Area Director feedback on draft-reschke-webdav-search-15

Jim Davis wrote:
>> My proposal is to make this a "SHOULD", and to mention the lack of
>> scope discovery in the the "Future Extensions" appendix.
> And I look forward to reading of progress in addressing this gap.

OK.

So I changed 5.4.2 to:

5.4.2.  Scope

    A Scope can be an arbitrary URI reference.

    Servers, of course, may support only particular scopes.  This may
    include limitations for particular schemes such as "http:" or "ftp:"
    or certain URI namespaces.  However, WebDAV compliant search arbiters
    minimally SHOULD support scopes that match their own URI.

and added:

B.8.  Search Scope Discovery

    Given a Search Arbiter resource, there's currently no way to discover
    programmatically the supported sets of search scopes.  Future
    revisions of this specification could specify a scope discovery
    mechanism, similar to the Query Schema Discovery defined in
    Section 4.

Diffs:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest-from-previous.diff.html>

BR, Julian