casting literal values

From: Javier Godoy <rjgodoy@fich.unl.edu.ar>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:02:10 -0200
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Subject: Re: QSD description for DAV:contains in DAV:basicsearchschema
>
> If nothing else comes up I intend to submit a new draft (-15) early next
> week.

A short comment about casting literal values:

(Section 5.11)  [[
The comparison evaluates to UNDEFINED if the property value can not be cast
to the specified datatype.
]]

What happens if the property value can not be cast to the specified
datatype?:
- when casting a literal value (DAV:literal) if the property type is known
and the server chooses to treat the literal according to this type,
- when casting typed literal values.

Failing with 422 seems logical, though it is not explicitly stated. IMHO, it
may help to recommend servers not to be lenient about this.

Btw, the uppercase keyword UNDEFINED is never used in the document but in
Section 5.11 ("The comparison evaluates to UNDEFINED"). Should it be UNKNOWN
?

Best Regards

Javier