SEARCH feature request: select count

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:59:46 +0200
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

Hi,

I was asked off-list whether it makes sense to extend DAV:basicsearch to
just obtain the count of search results.

As far as I can tell, that would require

1) an extension to DAV:select, allowing a child element of "DAV:count", and

2) an extension to the response format definition (as right now,
DAV:multistatus doesn't allow us to return that kind of information).

I'm not 100% sure how useful this would be, and if we find it useful,
whether it should be optional.

Feedback appreciated.

Best regards, Julian