Re: Response when no matching resource was found

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <bernard.desruisseaux@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:57:48 -0500
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org, ietf-dav-versioning@w3.org, w3c-dist-auth@w3.org

[ For those not subscribed to www-webdav-dasl, I've copied
the beginning of this thread at the end of this message. ]

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Bernard Desruisseaux wrote:
>
>> The declaration of the DAV:multistatus element in RFC 2518
>> (section 12.9) specifies that at least one DAV:response
>> element must appear in a DAV:multistatus element.
>>
>> Is that an issue?
>

> It's an issue with the original definition, which has (or should have
> been) updated in RFC3253 and RFC2518bis.
>

> Julian

It's "should have been". :-)

RFC3253 simply makes reference to RFC 2518, Section 12.9
for the definition of multistatus.

RFC2518bis (-06) still declare DAV:multistatus as follow:

   <!ELEMENT multistatus (response+, responsedescription?)  >

Do you want to open an issue for each document, and perhaps
clarify in the search draft (although RFC2518bis should end
up being published before search) ?

Thanks,
Bernard

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html#rfc.section.2.3>