Yaron Goland on WebDAV SEARCH vs XPath/XQuery

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:31:00 +0200
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

See...: <http://www.goland.org/Tech/dasl.html>

My comments:

Interesting.

Some thoughts:

- this is not new -- actually I've been playing around with an XPath
query grammar back in 2001, and the Slide/Tamino crew already has that
running against their XML database (see for instance grammar proposal
here:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webdav-dasl/2003OctDec/0018.html>)

- every time we discuss this, the consensus seems that this is an
interesting approach, but we'll still need DAV:basicsearch, because it's
extremely unlikely that everybody will be able to implement even an
Xpath-1-based grammar.

Best regards, Julian