Re: SEARCH by last path segment, Was: SEARCH for displayname

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:49:28 -0800
To: "'www-webdav-dasl@w3.org'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Q: forgot to ask that before -- are we confident that we don't need a
> caseless matching attribute here? note that in the real world, people
> frequently have both lower- and uppercase extensions.

Good point, thanks for thinking of this. I'm in favor of a caseless
matching attribute, it shouldn't be hard to implement or demonstrate
interoperability and will provide a clear benefit to clients as well as
reducing the need to perform essentially the same search more than once.

In general I also support the minor changes to Martin's prose that
Julian recommended as well.

Cheers,
Elias