Re: SEARCH by last path segment, Was: SEARCH for displayname

From: Elias Sinderson <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:36:48 -0800
To: "'www-webdav-dasl@w3.org'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

Wallmer, Martin wrote:

> as %.pdf matches the exclude pattern, it is excluded. Regard AND as
> logical operator, so order of evaluation does not matter.

If this is put in the DASL specification, the language should be very
clear on this issue. Although this is the intended interpretation, when
it comes down to doing an implemention I suspect that we'll see problems
simply because the operations will be executed one way or the other,
building and modifying sets serially.

Cheers,
Elias