RE: Relationship between scopes and version histories

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:21:39 -0800
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Wallmer, Martin'" <Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com>, <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

> > 2. If the client specifies <d:include-versions />, the
> server MUST take
> care
> > of versions or MUST reject the request.

I thought this was going to be optional for servers? To be clear, a
server that does not handle versioning must look for this element and
reject the request?

That's fine, I was worried that the client wouldn't be able to tell the
difference between successful responses that did or did not check
versions.

lisa