RE: Issue with "Treatment of NULL Values"

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:10:35 -0800
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

> 1) If this is an issue, it needs to be clarified in RFC2518 as
> well. As far
> as I can tell, there's currently no normative language how properties that
> are present must be reported (just examples).
>
> 2) If we do this, we'll have to consider edge cases such as 207 :-)

Since it's theoretically possible for clients to report 2xx values other
than 200, it might be reasonable to add some language to 2518bis about the
possibility.

207 doesn't seem like a real issue, since we're just talking about the value
reported per property, inside the multistatus response.

Again, I don't care too deeply about this -- having raised the issue, I'll
defer to your editorial judgement on its resolution.