RE: Issue JW24d (xml:lang)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:26:46 +0100
To: "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

Jim,

we'd have to define what "performing the search using the language
information" actually means.

Fact is that XQuery/XSLT2.0 currently doesn't handle this issue as well,
although that working group definitively has much more resources to come up
with a solution. I think we shouldn't try to be more clever than those which
are experts in the query/I18N domain. Instead, we should keeo
DAV:basicsearch minimal, and ensure that the grammar is extensible enough to
add these features at a later point of time (for instance, by adding a
"collation" attribute).

Julian