RE: Issue JW24d (xml:lang)

Well,

what I see is that nobody has made an effort to define syntax and semantics
for that kind of extension. If somebody really feels that it's necessary,
(s)he should make a proposal how this is supposed to work.

Note that RFC2277 says:

"  Note that this does NOT mean that such information must always be
   present; the requirement is that if the sender of information wishes
   to send information about the language of a text, the protocol
   provides a well-defined way to carry this information."

And I really think this is what applies here. We are defining a marshalling
format for queries on text values. Text literals match independantly of the
language they are in (just as in SQL).

We *could* define a new operator which explicitly tests for the value of
xml:lang on a property, but before we do that (and make it a required
operator), I'd like to understand who needs this and who's actually going to
implement it.

Julian