RE: Issue JW24d (xml:lang)

As far as I know, this will not be acceptable to the IESG. Generally
natural language strings, including search terms, must have language
identifiers in order for the protocol to be approved as an IETF
standard. RFC2277 provides guidance and requirements on this matter.

I think Jim already provided a good example, but RFC2277 has another
similar one:  one might reasonably wish to do a large search for
documents with the name of a specific tree in Norwegian.  The name of
the tree is 'ask'.  It's useless to get all the English documents with
the word 'ask' in response to that query.  If there *are* body or
properties typed as Norwegian, then our search syntax must be able to
specify that the search engine should match these first.

Lisa

DAV:basicsearch.