RE: DASL single-character wildcard

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 09:14:19 -0700
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

Thanks for the informative link.  I already knew that the character had been
changed in DASL, and I already knew that SQL uses '_'.  How about reopening
the issue, however?  I must not have been paying attention when it changed,
because Xythos has long implemented the '?' character which was in older
versions of DASL, so the change has a negative effect for us.  Is there
anybody else who cares either way?

Lisa

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-03.html#rfc.iss
ue.like-exactlyone

> That could be a difficult switch to make since we have
> customers/clients already using the older DASL syntax.
>
> Is there a compelling reason to change the character used?

Julian