Re: gte vs. numerical property values

From: Elias <elias@cse.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:41:57 -0800
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

Comments inlined:

Julian Reschke wrote:
> [...] OK, how about *adding* an alternative to DAV:literal? Therfore:
>
> DAV:literal: untyped, server can compare according to it's internal
> knowledge of types (with the clarification above)
> DAV:typed-literal: typed according to the xsi:type attribute -- "new"
> servers can implement this without affecting any existing code.

This is a good idea, even if only an internet draft, as it preserves the
semantics of existing implementations while extending the functionality
of the spec.

> We'll need to think abut discovery of this feature, though. It might be
> possible to do this with QSD (in the meantime, are there any QSD
> implementations except ours?)

QSD has been bubbling up on the Catacomb todo list for months now,
hopefully we'll be able implement it before the new year. I would
strongly favor keeping all discovery mechanisms within the scope of QSD
as it will minimize the number of requests necessary to determine the
capabilities/features that a given server implements.

Elias