RE: gte vs. numerical property values

For instance, using:

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-property-datatypes-lat
est.html

Similar type systems exist in MS Exchange and MS Sharepoint.

> b:)
> what if the server knows about the datatype, and the type in the
> query does
> not match?

Then it should fall back to a string comparison.

> Extended proposal:
>
> b) A client can enforce comparison using a specific data type by
> specifying
> the type in the query, for instance using:
>
> <gte xmlns="DAV:">
>   <literal xsi:type="xs:long">3</literal>
> </gte>

Another proposal that may be easier to grok for people that don't want to
use XSD data types:

<gte xmlns="DAV:">
  <literal-number>3</literal-number>
</gte>

This has the advantage of simplicity (do we more than
boolean/string/number/date in basicsearch?), but wouldn't be
backward-compatible with older drafts.

Julian