RE: is-collection - isdefined

[freed from spam filter -rrs]

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:05:57 -0500 (EST)
From: "Lisa Dusseault" <ldusseault@xythos.com>
To: "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>,
        "'Wallmer, Martin'" <Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com>,
        <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

"iscollection" may even be based on the property (not standardized!!) of the
same name, used in Microsoft servers and published in an expired
internet-draft.

It may matter in some cases if compatibility is broken with prior versions
of the draft, since we know implementations exist (e.g. Xythos WFS).
However:
- it doesn't matter in this case because the server could easily accept
both iscollection and is-collection for backward compatibility, and
- it's just an internet-draft, so changes, particularly important ones, can
be made with less worry about backward compatibility.

lisa