RE: href in where clause

Agreed.

That's why I was wondering whether we need a facility to query the HREF
(which basicsearch currently doesn't have).

> servers might produce different display names for the same href. Slide for
> example encloses the display name in a CDATA section.

That should be irrelevant. Whether text is returned in a text node or in a
CDATA section doesn't change the XML Infoset.

BTW: why is Slide doing this? To avoid proper XML escaping? Bad idea,
because this way a displayname may not contain the string "]]>".

> So something as you suggested is necessary. Whats about url encoding? It
> could be something like
> <D:where>
>   <D:like>
>     <D:href url-encoding="shift-jis"/>
>     <D:literal>somethingWithSpecialCharacters</D:literal>
>   </D:like>
> </D:where>
>
> url encoding should default to UFT-8

I agree with the structure, but I don't see why we would want to specify an
encoding. The encoding must be UTF-8 anyway, otherwise there wouldn't be any
interoperability in WebDAV.

The other issue is that the format of the HREFs may be different across
servers (protocol and authority may be missing, possibly trailing
slashes...).