Call for Participation: new internet draft for WebDAV SEARCH method

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 18:52:33 +0100
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
Hi,

The original WebDAV DASL working group doesn't exist anymore, and the last
DASL working draft has expired. After collecting (and partly) resolving
issues for some time, I have been advised by Jim Whitehead (chair of the
WebDAV WG) to change my current version of the draft into an individual
submission and to "re-open" the discussion over here. To avoid confusion,
this draft is simply called "WebDAV SEARCH" (rather than "DASL").

The current (unfinished and unsubmitted) version can be found at:

<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-search-latest.html>

The top priorities right now seem to be:

- get together people who have implemented or are planning to implement the
WebDAV SEARCH method in clients and servers
- identify currently open issues and resolve them

In particular I'd like to see discussion around the following topics:

Q1) Should the draft attempt to define Query Schema Discovery for
DAV:basicsearch? Has anybody actually *implemented* QSD?

Q2) Is there any real interest of defining a generic SEARCH framework that
can exist independantly of WebDAV? If not, it could make sense just to
define a REPORT based on property searching, and the complexity of the draft
could be greatly reduced.

Regards,

Julian