Extend basicsearch

From: Wallmer, Martin <Martin.Wallmer@softwareag.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:18:08 +0100
To: "'www-webdav-dasl@w3.org'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
Cc: "Pill, Juergen" <Juergen.Pill@softwareag.com>
Hi,

once again a question about extending the basicsearch, concerning content
based issues.

Suppose the server stores XML documents, and I want to find all documents
greater than 10000 bytes and concerning the patient "Otto", I'd like to
write

		<d:where>
			<d:and>
				<d:gt>
					<d:prop>
						<d:getcontentlength/>
					</d:prop>
					<d:literal>10000</d:literal>
				</d:gt>
				<d:contains> [patient/name = 'Otto']
</d:contains>
			</d:and>
	</d:where>

where the server defines, that <contains> expressions enclosed in brackets
are interpreted as xpath filter. Would that be covered by the standard? Or
would it make sense to introduce a new optional "%content_ops" operator, say
xpathfilter, to handle this?

Best regards,

Martin Wallmer
Research & Development