QSD: DAV:opdesc

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:39:23 +0200
To: <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

Hi,

currently the description of an operator (DAV:opdesc) includes

- QName of the operator and
- list of parameter types (DAV:prop, DAV:literal)

I'm not sure about the rational for the latter.

A client will not be able to use an operator unless it knows it's semantics,
right (*)? If this is the case, it will know it's parameter types as well.

(*) If the rational is to allow a client to offer *unknown* operators in
it's UI, I'd say there must be a way to marshall human-readable descriptions
of the operators as well.

Julian