RE: comment on issues in DASL draft: query on href

True.

> >Another issue with DAV:href being a property is that depending on the
> >server, the href may be a full absolute URI (including protocol, host,
> >port...), a relative URI reference starting with "/" or even a
> relative URI
> >reference (not starting with "/" and relative to the parent
> collection). So
> >we would have to define what this property really is, and it
> couldn't be the
> >same thing as the DAV.href *element* for all servers.
>
> But this is likewise true of many properties, no?

Such as?

The main issue is that both the URI and the name within the collection
aren't properties of the resource -- they are properties of the resource's
binding. The same resource may have several bindings and therefore several
URIs, so this really can't be considered to be a property of the resource
itself.