From: Lu Tian [mailto:lut321@mail.usask.ca]
Sent: Donnerstag, 18. April 2002 14:33
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
Subject: web-dav uploading a folder

[freed from spam trap -rrs]

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:42:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Lu Tian <lut321@mail.usask.ca>
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

Hi,
   i'm working on a project called"student assignment handin system". The
basic idea is for the students being able to handin (upload) their
assignment throught internet(using http), and their files will be stored on
our server.
   We are investigating into different technologies to come up with a
solution that will best suit our need. We found out about webdav, and think
it might be a suitable solution. Please excuse me for my ignorance of
web-dav technology, i have some general questions about web-dav. Any help
will be greatly appriciated.
I know web-dav is a extension to http protocol, in  order to use it, we
need to implement the client and the server side applications(we are
thinking of using java or perl). I just installed apache2, which includes
the mod-dav module. now here are my questions:
1. does mod-dav act as a server application already? what else (program) do
we need to handle the client requests?
2. can web-dav handle multiple file uploads? for example if the student
choose to hand in a fold which contains multiple files, will web-dav handle
that? or can we program it in the server side application?
thanks