Re: Extending basic search

At 09:49 AM 12/12/2001 +0100, Wallmer, Martin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>A DASL server must implement the basic search. So defining an own grammar
>could extend the basic search grammar. Could the following query showing the
>length of certain Frank Zappa songs be correct?
>
><D:searchrequest xmlns:D="DAV" xmlns:F="http://www.xyz.com/mySearch">
>         <F:mySearch>
>                 <D:select>
>                         <D:prop>
>                                 <D:getcontentlength/>
>                         </D:prop>
>                         <D:from>
>                                 <D:scope>
>                                         <D:href>/myCDs/</D:href>
>                                 </D:scope>
>                         </D:from>
>                         <D:where>
>                                 <F:query>All songs of Frank Zappa that do
>not contain political incorrect statements</F:query>
>                         </D:where>
>                 </D:select>
>         </F:mySearch>
></D:searchrequest>

No, but it is close.  I think it is a problem because the grammar of the
DAV:where clause does not allow for an F:query element.  But I think it
would be okay to re-use D:prop and D:from in F:mySearch, though.

I can also tell you that the answer to your query is "zero"

Jim "Concentration Moon" Davis