Re: DAV:from

At 04:20 PM 11/28/2001 +0000, Bita Shadgar wrote:
>Hi,
>
>As I noticed, there is a limitation on the number of DAV:scope element
>in the  DAV:from, and we have to have only one href in our scope. Am I
>right?
>If I am, Don't you think that it may be very restricted. Think about
>when you need to compare the value of properties of two resources.

The authors chose to limit DAV:scope to one element because when if a query
can apply to more than one resource, it is possible for the two resources
to have very different query schema.  In this case it is quite difficult to
specify the semantics for the query.  Several of the authors (not me) had a
lot of experience in doing this across SQL databases, and said it was very
hard to define correctly.  Therefore we chose to handle only the simple
case for now, and leave the complex part for later.

Is this acceptable to you?