RE: Quick DASL check

From: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:38:39 -0800
To: Jim Davis <jrd3@alum.mit.edu>, www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

> >Quick status check -- I'm assuming you're still willing and able to be
the
> >editor of the DASL protocol specification.  Is this correct?
>
> Well, I am *an* editor.  Did you mean chairperson?  Does Alex no longer
> want this job?

Well, I was just asking about your willingness to continue as an editor.
Since you're the only active editor (to the best of my knowledge), the
distinction between *the* editor and *an* editor isn't that big. However, it
is worth noting that if someone wishes to actively participate in editing
the protocol specification, this opportunity exists.  Let Jim or I know if
you're interested.

> >Also, what are your thoughts on what is needed to produce a new draft?
>
> I can't give you a high quality answer immediately, but the short story is
> that i think there are  roughly six open issues that deserve some
> discussion.  there are others that I am inclined to just decide myself
> without further discussion with the other official authors of the spec,
> since they all seem to be too busy to do any work on DASL.

Would you like to send out URLs of the mail messages containing those
issues?  I have some time that I'd like to spend trying to resolve them, and
move things forward.