JW12 - Allowing relative URIs isn't very useful

From: Kevin Wiggen <wiggs@xythos.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:28:56 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

I agree with issue JW12.  Allowing for relative URL's to a SEARCH only makes
the FROM portion of basicsearch more complicated for no real value
(especially if Arbiters are used).  I don't want to start the "are relative
URL's good/bad hard/easy" fight again, but I cannot find any real use for
allowing them.  Thus in the effort of "cutting anything that adds complexity
and no value" I say we remove relative URL's from the dasl spec.

Section 5.4.1 then will read

The DAV:scope element is an absolute URI, the scope is exactly that URI.

Kevin