RE: JW10: QSD usage

I think the key is what you mean by "succeed". The SQL model is to flag
problems (such as column names that don't exist) as an error, causing the
whole query to fail. The usual text retrieval philosophy is to avoid
returning errors, by treating that portion of the query as either true,
false or don't care. Given that type of philosophy, things would always
succeed, but would return more or less documents depending on the server.

As a data point, the Dublin Core work has determined some items that should
definitely be in, so it might be useful to pick up those.

(As an introduction)
Niket Patwardhan
Director, Standards & Technology
Verity, Inc.