RE: JW9: search arbiter locations

From: Yaron Goland (Exchange) <yarong@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:44:05 -0700
To: "'Jim Whitehead'" <ejw@ics.uci.edu>, "'DASL'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
I think it would be a mistake to force DASL to deal with discoverability.
This is a general problem that is being dealt with in a number of groups at
the IETF. There is no reason to drag DASL into this mess.

I could imagine, for example, discovery information being made available
through LDAP, through SLP or perhaps even through my newly submitted
proposal SSDP
(http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cai-ssdp-v1-02.txt).

		Yaron

P.S. I think that was a plug, but I'm not sure. ;)