JW14: literals

From: Babich, Alan <ABabich@filenet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:54:15 -0700
To: "'DASL'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
I think people pretty much know what literals are,
especially in queries. Literals are constants. The
data type of the constant is what it needs to be or
what the literal says it is.

String literals with wild card characters in them are still string literals.

They are not a separate concept.

As to the xml:space issue, I though there was a recommendation
somewhere that the clients set the value of the xml:space
attribute to make spaces between tags, so that string literals
wouldn't get goofed up when leading spaces are intended.
I can't find it in the spec., so maybe we're just relying on common
sense.

Alan Babich