RE: Issue: JW7 (redirects)

From: Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:31:55 -0700
To: "'Jim Davis'" <jdavis@coursenet.com>, www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
In many cases a search arbiter may not how the full response to a search
query but may know where to redirect the searcher to find them. So you could
make a single query to the search arbiter, get back some responses and also
get back an instruction that you should repeat the search at 4 other places
in order to get the full response. This is often an easier solution to
deploy, especially from a security point of view, then trying to have the
search arbiter call up the 4 other places, get the data and pass it along to
the user.

So there is a very strong need for this feature.

That doesn't mean it needs to go into V1.

		"The spec is done when there is nothing left to cut."
					Yaron