what kinds of structure criteria are needed?

From: Jim Davis <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:35:14 PDT
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
If we did have structure criteria, what aspects of the structure would you
want to test?

The first two are obvious:

 1) the label on an element
 2) the value of a string

The next one is

 3) that an element has a child (either immediate, or recursive) such that
X (where X is some other set of conditions)

These are the most important.  Of secondary (possibly little) importance are:

 4) the depth (relative or absolute?) of an element
 5) the number of children of a node
 6) the position of an node within the contents of its parent, ie. is it
first, second, whatever
   (I don't think this makes sense at all, because the object model
   says this is not meaningful.)

conditions 1, 2 and 3 are sufficient to do all the scenarios we have defined.

regards

Jim

http://www.parc.xerox.com/jdavis/
650-812-4301