Re: Order of null values in sorting

From: Jim Davis <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:56:59 PDT
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
>Therefore, in view of (1)-(8), I propose we put nulls first
>in DASL sortby result orderings.

Seems fine to me.

One last question: what is the relative order of undefined properties and
null properties?

e.g, you search for documents where title = foo and sort by author.  For
doc D1, the author is Reedy, for D2, the author has been set to the empty
string,
for D3 the author property has never been set (or perhaps the client has no
right to see it.)

Clearly D2 comes before D3 in the sort.  But what about D1?