RE: datatyping is not needed

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 23:50:02 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

Applying the idea that the scenarios help define success, then a plausible
scenario exists where detatyping is required for obscure dead properties.
Some implementations will allow searching (even if the query is not as
efficient for some "famous" property). This allows applications to be
defined *on top of* a DAV implementation. For example, it's conceivable that
one could implement versioning by writing a client and depending on nothing
more from the server than a place to put files and set properties.

I propose we add this to the scenarios document.

I'm all for doing less -- but here I don't see how to avoid it.

-Saveen