RE: strike the DASL language tag

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:21:14 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

I don't disagree with your third point -- Klingon props on English docs.

And I don't think the xml:lang tag is wrongly defined. It's the way I
imagine people will tag language-specific data.

My question has more to do with we expect server's do actually do with this
information. I'm not familiar with any systems that tag language per
property -- which is why I would find it not worth the effort to require any
server behavior here. And then even if stored, should a server really be
forced to examine this information for every property on a comparison? It
strikes me that the we should recommended or simply identify it as an issue
in DASL, but not *required* solution.

I brought up content-language because seems natural to what the user will
expect on queries -- don't database/document managament systems have the
notion of a language/locale being set for a user "session"? That is, I
believe the most reasonable thing for a client and a server is that the
client indicates in some global way (hence Content-Language or perhaps
through some other means) how comparisons in general should be done.

-Saveen