Re: strike the DASL language tag

At 10:28 AM 6/30/98 PDT, John Stracke wrote:
>Jim Davis wrote:
>
>> If the property values are stored in Danish, you get the Danish
>> sort, no matter what the Content-Language is.
>
>Excuse me, I know this is an ugly question, but I really don't know the
answer:
>suppose some properties are in Danish and some are in Japanese?

If all values of property foo are in Danish, and all values of prop bar are
in Nihongo, no problem.  But if one property contains values in multiple
languages, this is a problem.  We can't meaningfully compare values using
the underlying languages, as such comparisons are undefined.  Nor will it
help to simply declare one language in the Content-Language header.

This is why the DASL charter excludes such cross-language comparisons.

I suppose this means we need to define the error code to be returned should
this condition arise.  I suppose 400 (Bad Request) should be used, unless
there's need for a more specific code.