RE: expressing limits on result set

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 17:34:54 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org

To be clear I think billing (and that may be  a misleading term here) is
just another way of indicating a limit on computation for the search. So, in
that sense I disagree that it's out-of-band. I do feel it's not in our scope
however, and certianly it is not compelling to add this feature now.

Now to comment on your proposals

(1) an optional way for the client to limit the result rows. Terrific. I
agree.

(2) I think we may have that mechanism today with the 206 Partial Content
response.

Thanks,
Saveen