RE: expressing limits on result set

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:48:40 -0700
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
Truncating the result set based on some criteria sounds like a good idea.
Alan pointed out a case in which using such a mechanism allowed a client to
verify that the system was working at all (client issues a query that
matches all documents but then truncates to a very small result).

Which limits do we need to express? Jim pointed out: (1) result set size,
(2) computational effort. Is billing ($) part of this also. I assume time is
the unit of measurement for computational effort. Don't know how to/or if we
should address billing. I would categorize computational effort adn billing
is a "nice-to-have" items and result set size as a "must have".

-Saveen