Re: use of boolean literals

Judith Slein wrote:

> I think in the DAV world it does make sense to ask whether a property
> exists on a given resource, where you are not testing for a null value.  A
> DAV server may allow clients to define whatever properties they wish on any
> resource, so that it may turn out every resource on the server has a
> different set of properties.

If the storage meachanism behind the DAV server is a text search engine
rather than a RDBMS it may not be so easy to determine the difference
between a property with a null value and a property that has never been
set.  It's problematic from an implementation standpoint.

--Rick
Rick Henderson            (Netscape)(650)937-3152
rickh@netscape.com