Re: no Versioning or Variants

From: Judith Slein <slein@wrc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 12:39:10 PDT
To: Jim Davis <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
HTTP 1.1 defines enough about variants that I think we need to consider
them.  Section 12 on content negotiation, together with the Accept,
Accept-Charset, Accept-Encoding, and Accept-Language make it clear that a
single resource may be available in different variants that could certainly
be relevant to search.  Do I want you to search all variants or just the
English language variants or just the French language variants for the word
"chat"?

At 04:01 PM 4/16/98 PDT, Jim Davis wrote:
>As I recall, at the IETF BOF we agreed to remove any mention of versioning
>or variants from the DASL spec until such time as the WebDAV protocol (or
>some other relevant protocol) defines them.

Name:			Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:		slein@wrc.xerox.com
Internal Phone:  	8*222-5169
Fax:			(716) 422-2938