RE: DASL ID 3 Apr: is XMLDATA normative for DASL?

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 17:45:03 -0700
To: "'www-webdav-dasl@w3.org'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>

I favor avoiding specifying a typing system in DASL for now (in spite of
what I wrote on 8.7.6) because typing is still a big open issue for XML in
general and to sidestep the problems taking it (or ay specific typing
scheme) as a dependency might cause. I propose simply addressing how typing
might affect searches for now (keeping in mind how this might vary greatly
over servers).

Not specifying a typing system can be problematic as well; I'll address that
in a soon-to-be-written post to the list.

-Saveen