DASL ID 3 Apr: casesensitive

From: Jim Davis <jdavis@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 10:41:31 PDT
To: www-webdav-dasl@w3.org
Suggest that for now, we drop the 'casesensitive' element (e.g. in 8.7.5)
until we come up with a principled way to deal with it uniformly, e.g. in
eq and lt as well.

I don't know much about string comparisons, but it just seems possible to
me that there might be values other than T or F for case-sensitivity.  I
mean, are there any languages with more than one case?  Or where a
case-sensitive comparison differs for some glyphs?  That's another reason
to hold off.

See also my note about the representation of boolean values, in general.