The minimum set

From: Saveen Reddy (Exchange) <saveenr@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:28:38 -0700
To: "'www-webdav-dasl@w3.org'" <www-webdav-dasl@w3.org>
During the DASL BOF two weeks ago we often ended up saying we needed to
define the minimum set of useful operations that a server must support.

I want to get a feeling of what people on the list are thinking here. To
spur this on I'll deliberately take the extreme end of "minimum" and say
that it means an operator for equality and a simple CONTAINS (with some
variability for case-sensitivity and language).
The scenario addressed by this minmum set above is only simple authoring. (I
realize this doesn't even meet the very first scenario I had in my slides in
LA, but I wanted to get the discussion going.)

Thanks,
Saveen