RE: Revised charter

Alex,

> The working group will define the
> following for a server-side searching mechanism:
>
> - How to express the search: the syntax and semantics of a query
> - How to focus the query by identifying its scope
> - How to discover the search capability of a resource.
> - The syntax for the search results

The third bullet above on discoverability is potentially confusing, in
that it refers to a single resource.  Discovering the search
capabilities of a single resource is only interesting if that resource
can act as a search scope representing a set of resources (e.g., nested
below it in the namespace), and the capabilities actually apply to
searching the set of resources.  I assume that's what is meant here, but
it could be stated more clearly as:

- How to discover the search capabilities of a scope

or

- How to discover the search capabilities of a set of resources

--Chuck Fay
FileNET Corporation, 3565 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92626