Web metrics

From: Lavoie,Brian (lavoie@oclc.org)
Date: Fri, Dec 03 1999

From: "Lavoie,Brian" <lavoie@oclc.org>
To: "'www-wca@w3.org'" <www-wca@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:35:05 -0500
Subject: Web metrics

How do we measure the attributes of the Web? Can we establish a broad
consensus on Web metrics, in order to promote consistency, comparability,
and interoperability across Web characterization research?

The answer to these questions, and more, can be found at:

http://www.oclc.org/oclc/research/projects/webstats/currmetrics.htm

Please access this document, review it, and send your comments to this
forum. The objective is to develop a draft recommendation for Web metrics
that can be used in conjunction with the already released W3C Working Draft
on Web Terminology & Definitions, available at:

http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCA-terms/

Your comments on this document are also welcome.

Cash prizes will be awarded to the first 50 respondents, so respond ASAP!
(this offer not binding).